The product instances in TestBox are live, production versions. That means your data is treated just as if you were using a live instance hosted by our partners.
Our partners have exceptionally strong security compliance:
During the TestBox onboarding process, we collect a few details about you and the company you work for. We use this data for two purposes:
We take security very seriously at TestBox. Every day, we hear and read about security breaches and we would be absolutely mortified if we were to ever see such news about us.
Here are some of the things we’re doing to mitigate the risks:
A Chrome extension overcomes a number of technical hurdles. It means we can offer you a vastly improved and faster experience, with access to features — such as commenting on the product capabilities you like or find challenging — that make trialing new software a breeze.
The extension only has access to the sites listed on the extension page. All of these sites are strictly related to our partners, whose products you can test within TestBox. For example, the extension uses access to https://*.zendesk.com/* to run on subdomains of Zendesk.
Where possible, we further filter the Zendesk subdomains so that only those created through TestBox are accessed.
To view the list of sites TestBox can access:
1. Click on the TestBox extension in your Chrome browser and select Manage extensions.
2. In the Site access section, you'll see a list of sites the extension can access.
3. You can remove access to any of these sites by clicking the toggle button on the right, but keep in mind that the extension may no longer work correctly.
If you already use one of the products we showcase on TestBox and you’re concerned that there might be clashes between your services and our extension, Chrome provides a useful work-around — you can create a new Chrome profile to use with TestBox.
Within this new profile, you can install the TestBox Chrome extension and it will not affect any website or services that you use outside of your TestBox profile.
To create a new Chrome profile:
1. In the top right of your Chrome browser, click the Profile icon.
2. Select + Add.
3. Follow the steps to create a profile to use while using TestBox.